Tuesday 25 June 2013

LONG WAY DOWN.

It is with great excitement that I tell you all that TOMODELL'SHIGHLYANTICIPATEDNEWALBUMISOUTAHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Tom Odell's new album is out. celebrate.

Oh my goodness dat blink :)

AHH BOWIE AND ODELL MY LIFE IS COMPLETE.


I'll hold you anytime, Mr Odell. Any time.

LOOK HOW HE WALKS IT'S AMAZING asdfhq09374r1c2r!fhiehgi#iudhof@ejfioevnqrupo


I have a slight obsession with him. HE'S SO DREAMY. I do not care that he's probably dating Miss Swift - laugh out loud jokes I'm completely ballistic. I can only imagine the carnage if they broke up - both of them have conjured careers out of painful, destroyed relationships. Tom's songs will be better than Taylor's by far.

Long Way Down is Tom's debut album after the public snapped up his Songs From Another Love EP. Another Love is his most well known song, although I love Can't Pretend more than anything else. Hold Me was an iTunes Single of the Week and Tom won a Brit Award for being so amazingly brilliant and awesome and for being spectacular.

Tom's style is bringing back raw ballads - think Elton John piano with really raw, Jeff Buckley-esque vocals and wrap it up with the most beautiful blonde hair. Tom plays piano. I play piano. We were meant to be.

I don't know how I am going to be able to marry Tom and Jake Bugg and Asa Butterfield, but then again I'm not known for being completely legal or sane.

So the album has the big songs (Hold Me, Another Love) which become so familiar so quickly. The opening track, Grow Old With Me, is so heartfelt and delicate, which really sets the mood of the album - having gone through heartbreak (or maybe having gone without food for an hour - that's heartbreaking), Tom wistfully reminisces on his failed romances.

Now this sounds lovely and all but for goodness' sakes - he's twenty something and can already write a whole album on failed loves? Actually I can imagine he's had heaps and heaps of girlfriends with that fortunate face of his. Sigh.

This album is amazing - there's exciting, rousing pop and there's softer, crumbling songs on troubled love. Basically the album is brilliant.

Here's a bit from the album - it's Another Love, which happens to be 'explicit' on iTunes although he only swears once? It's pathetic, seeing as Little Lion Man by Mumford & Sons swears in the chorus which pops up every freaking thirty seconds and isn't labelled with a big ugly red E. Do not be put off parents (and prospective parents. Teens these days.)
So there we have Tom Odell's 'Long Way Down'. It is most definitely winding up on my best albums of 2013.

ilovetomodell

No comments:

Post a Comment